Applicants will receive an email from the DBS team every 12 months from the certificate issue date. The email will be to advise that we are about to perform an annual recheck of the applicants DBS status and renew their clearance accordingly.
The 3 year expiry rule is no longer the case, as it is the ECB's policy to carry out these checks annually.
As long as no new information is detected then the applicants clearance will continue for a further 12 months - note that their expiry date will always show as 3 years ahead, however they will be checked annually.
Upon receipt of the email, the applicant is only required to take action if one of the following is true:-
- They are no longer in a regulated role in cricket so need to withdraw their ECB DBS.
- They were previously a volunteer and are now in a paid role - a new application would be required.
- They wish to opt out of the annual recheck - if this option is chosen then their ECB Clearance would be withdrawn and they would be required to make a fresh application if they return to a regulated role in the future.
- Change of contact details - applicant would need to contact the ECB on email@example.com and the DBS update service directly if any of their contact details have changed e.g. address / email.
- Change of name: if the applicant has changed their name 'legally' then this would need to be updated on their ECB record and a new DBS application would be required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to do this.
If nothing has changed since the certificate was issued or last re-checked, then NO ACTION is required on the applicants behalf.
The ECB will carry out the annual recheck and renew their clearance accordingly.
We would only contact the applicant if the recheck identifies an outcome required action - see full list outcomes from the annual rechecks here.
After the checks have taken place, if the volunteer does not hear anything, they can assume that the checks were successful and they remain cleared.
Paid applicants - certificate issued before 15th July 2020:
If you are in a paid role and your certificate was issued before the 15th July 2020 we did not offer our annual recheck process via our online system.
If you are registered to the update service with your ECB Certificate then please contact us email@example.com to consent to annual rechecks to keep your clearance up to date.