A video tutorial of the below process can be found on the Atlantic Data DBS portal.
DBS applications must be initiated by an ID verifier who knows the person and their role in cricket. Verifiers with club-level system access can only initiate applications for their own club members. Count-wide verifiers, such as CCB Staff or County Champions, can initiate applications for members of clubs within their County.
In order to initiate an application, the verifier will need the applicant's:
- full, legal name (as it appears on their documents)
- date of birth
- club affiliation
- role in cricket
- email address
Below is a step by step guide on how to initiate a DBS application:
1. Go through 'DBS Applications' and click on 'Manage DBS applications' to bring up the Applicant Search.
2. Search the applicant using their name and, if necessary, their date of birth and email address.
3. The system will tell you that the applicant doesn't appear on the system and will give you the option to submit a new application. Click on the 'New Application' hyperlink.
4. Next click on the big 'Invite' button, and on the green 'Proceed' button at the bottom of the page which follows (after reading the important reminder).
5. Next select which club the applicant falls under - this will only be an option if you have a certain access level. It's important to remember that club verifiers should only initiate applications for their own club members. If they don't the application and applicant will be placed under the verifier's club which may be wrong.
6. Fill in the form with the applicants details. For 'Select mode of payment' all applications must select 'Credit/Debit card' regardless of whether it is a volunteer application or not (the applicant will indicate themselves whether or not they are a volunteer - and therefore whether they should pay or not - when they come to complete the application.
If the applicant does not perform any of the roles listed and will only be helping with DBS applications, select their role as 'safeguarding recruiter (child)'.
7. The application has now been initiated! The applicant will receive an email to the email address you entered for them, which will contain confirmation, instructions and a link to complete and submit their application.