Below is a list of the different stages/statuses of an online DBS application with a description of each. A user will be able to see the status for an applicant when they search them using the Applicant Search. It is also possible to filter by each of these statuses using the Application Status dropdown on the 'Incomplete Applications Management' page under 'DBS Applications'.
- Application Initiated - this is the status an applicant will be in when an application has been initiated but not yet acted up by the applicant. The applicant needs to check their email for the invitation to complete and submit their application. If necessary, the application invitation email can be resent.
- Unable to produce the required documents - the applicant has been unable to select the necessary 3 documents for verification purposes. The applicant should contact the ECB at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Awaiting Application Submission - this means the applicant has given their consents and may even have selected their 3 forms of ID, but they have not yet submitted the application.
- Pending ID Verification - the applicant needs to make contact with a verifier to arrange a face-to-face meeting to get their documents verified.
- In Progress - the application has been dispatched to the DBS and is currently going through all the necessary vetting checks (national police computer, local police force, ECB safeguarding).
- Result Received - a result has been received from the DBS and a certificate is to be/has been posted to the applicant.