Please note that the CCB will invoice Clubs £50 (+VAT) to cover the cost of administration and assessment of the module (UKBAHS). The CCB then sends a letter to the Club confirming the Player/Coach has paid for the module. The named letter of confirmation will form part of the clubs Governing Body Endorsement application (UK Border Agency Requirement).
Please see the attached documents, which you can download and retain;
- ECB UKBAHS 2019 Resources.pdf
- ECB UKBAHS 2019 Process.pdf
- ECB UKBAHS 2019 MCQ.pdf
- ECB UKBAHS 2019 MCQ Answer Sheet.pdf
- ECB UKBAHS 2019 Additional Information for Clubs.pdf
1. Club need to contact their local Coach Education Administrator at their County Cricket Board (CCB) with the following details for their Tier 2/5 Player/Coach:
- Full Name (as shown on Passport / Visa application)
- Home Address
- Date of Birth
- Name, Email Address & Phone Number of contact at Club
2. CCB Coach Education Administrator to create event in CVENT and send link to candidate. Confirmation email to candidate contains link to resources. Copy of resources can be requested by email (email@example.com)
3. Candidate receives confirmation email with a link to download the resource PDF – to be read and understood fully by the candidate prior to undertaking assessment.
4. Club contact CCB Coach Education Administrator to organise face to face assessment (within 6 weeks of arrival in the UK)
5. CCB arrange their Tutor/Assessor to conduct the assessment
6. Candidate completes assessment and Tutor/Assessor advises CCB of outcome
7. CCB update CRM &advise the Club and ECB Coach Education department (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the outcome. CCB responsibility to pay their Tutor/Assessor
8. (a) If Competency is reached;
CCB to email ECB Coach Education department (email@example.com) a scanned copy of the candidates Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Answer Sheet. ECB Coach Education department will then email the certificate to the CCB (to the person who originally supplied the MCQ Answer Sheet)
8. (b) If Competency is NOT reached;
In the case of failed attempt; a re-sit must take place a maximum 4 weeks after the failed assessment. If candidate has to re-sit, then CCB need to invoice the Club £50 (+VAT) to cover the cost of administration and re-assessment of the module
N.B - Please note if the candidate has already signed up via cvent, you need to ensure that the record on crm reflects the details being used for the non-uk vetting (name, date of birth, address). If this does not match there will be delays with the clearance information transferring to crm and subsequently the certification process.