Login as a Planner (NB/ the account will be ENGWCB001):
The landing page you will see, will list all events:
Click 'Create Event':
Select 'Using an Event template':
Click here and select the template you want to use.
This is the window you will see. Please select the appropriate course by clicking 'Select' or by using the search tool to find the course you need:
Now using the 'Event Creation Wizard', you can start to build your event, step by step, by scrolling down the page and selecting/filling in the relevant fields.
Under the first section, titled "Using an event template", select 'Automatically adjust the send date of scheduled emails'. This will ensure emails are sent to all the candidates that sign up to your course:
Do not change any of the 'Basic Information':
Things you must amend include;
- Registration deadline, start date and end date
- Location, phone (this information will pull across into the map on the registration page so must be accurate)
- Event planner name (this will be the point of contact for the registration process)
- The email will be associated with the group you are attached to e.g. XXXXXX@edgbaston.com
You will only need to change the County Board if you are an administrator for more than one County Board.
After this, you will need to complete the 'Registration Items' section:
- Alter the capacity to the number you stated at the beginning of the 'Event Creation Wizard'
- The price can be set and you can also add other tickets depending on your requirements (Discounted member rate etc.)
- Under 'Payment Options', select the methods you want people to pay by
- The merchant account will be locked to the county board your user account is registered with, (if you have more than one admin responsibility then you will have more than one merchant account so please select the right account)
You will then see the 'Congratulations!' page:
Your event has now been created, but has not yet been launched. You will see the following tabs running across the top of the page:
Any changes that need to be made to the event including the event details, capacity, whether the event is public or private (NB/ private meaning the event is 'invite only') need to be made by clicking on the 'Event Details' tab and clicking the green 'Edit' button in the top right corner:
Please remember to click 'Save' to ensure any changes are recorded.
Under the 'Promotion & Communication' tab, you can amended the email address or turn off any confirmation if you don’t require them:
The web-link will also be visible here. This is the link you need to place on your website to advertise the event or to email out directly to people:
When you are happy that your event details are all to your specification, click on the 'Overview' tab and click 'Launch Event':
Your event is now live