- Access to CVENT software.
- Approval from your manager
This procedure manual has been designed to assist the user in understanding the process relating to recording Refunds. The objective is to ensure that all refunds are approved by the authorised manager before they are submitted. This involves keeping all records that backup the credit in an accurate manner and logging all info on CVENT too.
Overview of Process
- When should a credit be arranged?
- if a person has booked on the wrong course
- if a person decides to cancel on the course (and move to a different course)
- if the course is cancelled and the participants need to move to another course
- if the person paid by credit card we should refund the same card
- Time constraint of 3 months from when the course is marked as completed to arrange refunds. Otherwise they have to be arranged by BACS/cheque payment
- Who should arrange the credit?
- The planner can arrange the credit once they have received the appropriate approval from their manager
- How is it arranged?
- By following the method below a credit will be arranged then the person must be unregistered
- If the person pays by other means as in cheque, cash, bacs, choose Offline instead of Online under 8b.
- Select your event>select Invitee management tab> select the individual by clicking on their name >select Order and Payments
- Click on the course name under the Order Details
- Select Adjust Order Amount
- In New amount enter the amount you want to charge e.g £0 and log any notes for internal ref then Save.
- The screen should appear as below, make sure the Fee is £0 > Close
- Once the screen is closed you will go back to the previous screen as below and the Fee should show as £0. If you charge vat on your event, click on the vat line and change the % from 20 to 0 and repeat steps 3 to 5.
- Submit the refund by selecting actions and Submit Refund-this will not appear unless you have adjusted the order.
- The following screen appears - please ensure you select all the options below:
- Under Basic information check Refund amount is correct
- Select Type as Online-Refund a credit card now
- Under Credit Card Information ALWAYS select Previous Transaction, unless the money was received more than 3 months ago as this will not work. In this instance select Card on file but this will not work 3 months after the event is marked as completed due to PCI compliance card details cannot be retained beyond this point. In this instance please refund the person by other means e.g bacs payment then log as an offline refund.
- For distribute ALWAYS select Yes and this will show details of the previous payment so the credit can be applied to that card
- Press Submit and this will start to process the refund
- While the refund is processed the screen below will appear and show the reference of the card the money has been returned to. Close the screen.
- You should return to the previous screen and it will show a summary of the payment and the credit. If this does not appear it means the credit has not been processed yet so choose Actions and Submit Request to repeat.
- Finally unregister the person under Invitee management by Selecting the down arrow next to the person’s name and selecting unregister.
- Please confirm on the next screen.
- This will show the following screen, click Submit.
- The next screen that appears will say the Un-registration has been successful.
- Once the person is unregistered their status should appear as Cancelled, so check on the Invitee management screen and make sure it does, as otherwise they are not unregistered and you will need to repeat from step 11. to unregister the person.