* Please note that Level 2 re-registrations have ceased as of 31/03/2022 *
If a learner does not meet the course pre-requisites within their allocated time period (1 year for ECB Foundation 1 or 2 years for ECB Core Coach), they are considered as ‘Out of Time’.
Please use your discretion when advising a learner of their options at this point; if they have failed the majority of their pre-requisites including their E-Learning and assessment competency, then ideally, they should be starting the course again from scratch. However, a learner who has only one or two failed pre-requisites, they would be advised that special consideration/re-registration is an option, depending on the reason for not completing within the allocated time.
Therefore, the options for an 'Out of Time' learner are as follows:
- Re-do the course from scratch. This is the most seamless option as it reduces administration significantly for both the ECB as well as the CCB.
- Should there be any extenuating circumstances (personal, medical or due to Covid) you can make a request for Special Consideration directly to 1st4Sport, through the form attached at the bottom of this article. All requests are considered on a case-by-case basis as a general rule & time extensions vary
- Re-register on to a current coaching course by filling in a re-registration form which is available to download at the bottom of this article. The document gives step by step instructions, which needs to be followed chronologically
You must make a request for ‘Special Consideration’ directly to 1st4Sport, using the form attached to the bottom of this article. The Learner Registration Number (or ULN) as mentioned on the form, is a number allocated to the learner by 1st4Sport. If you do not know the learners ULN, please contact 1st4sSport directly for this information: 0113 290 7610.
Once 1st4Sport grant the extension to the registration period, a copy of the Special Consideration granted email (that you received from 1st4sport) must be forwarded to the ECB. Upon receipt of this, the ECB will then process a manual certification file, which we will send to 1st4Sport to process.
Re-registration is a wholly manual process, so the learner does not need to be signed up through the normal channels (signing up through CVENT etc). The learner will be enrolled on to a like-for-like course that is live/currently running, but this will only be reflected on 1st4sport's systems (not ours), hence you only need to fill out the attached form below.
Be mindful that if the learner has the majority of pre-requisites to complete, then it would be wise to re-register them on to a course that still has more than a few months on it, to allow the learner enough time to complete all pre-requisites (we would say a minimum of 3 months is a safe bet but use your own discretion here).
When using the re-registration form, please ensure you follow the steps chronologically;
- Step 1 & 2: The County that the learner did the original course through, need to fill in these sections with the learner and course details and the Counties details
- Step 3: Email the form directly to 1st4sport (email@example.com)
- Step 4: 1st4sport will re-register the learner at a cost (which they will confirm in this section) and assign an expiry date before sending you back the form
- Step 5: The County will need to show that all the course pre-requisites have been met/are still valid and then send the completed form to the ECB (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Step 6: The ECB will check that all the information on the form is correct and then update CRM and give 1st4sport the green light to go ahead and certificate the learner
For ECB Core Coach learners - with the course only having launched in 2022, and learners having 2 years to complete, you would not need to use the re-registration / special consideration form for a learner on this course until at least 2024. The only instance you would need to re-register an ECB Core Coach learner at present, is if they have failed their MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) assessment on E-Learning 3 times.
Please find attached the most up to date versions of our forms and ensure you follow the form step by step.
If you have any questions, please contact us