N.B - if you already know the new dates, read this section below. If you do not know the new dates for your course yet, please skip ahead past this section.
If you need to push an event's dates back & you can already confirm those new dates, then make the change on Cvent & it should feed through to CRM (please check this does work & contact us via the submit a query button if not). It is imperative to let 1st4Sport know (for Foundation I & Level 2 courses), and also to let the participants know.
IF you do not yet know the new dates for your course:
If for any reason, you feel that an event needs to be postponed, the process you follow will differ depending on whether the event is yet to start or has already started.
Before making any updates to the system, please ensure that all registered participants are made aware of the need to postpone the event. There are email templates in the CVENT library that can be used if needed:
For regulated programmes (e.g. ECB Foundation 1 and 1st4Sport Level 2 courses), you will also need to inform 1st4sport qualifications as soon as possible, so that they can update their records on their system.
IF THE EVENT HAS NOT YET STARTED
For regulated programmes (e.g. ECB Foundation 1 and 1st4Sport Level 2 courses); if the event you are postponing has not yet been issued an EAN by 1st4sport, you will still need to complete the necessary steps to generate the EAN (entering a number against the ‘No of Resources Required’ field in CRM). 1st4sport will then issue an EAN that can then be referenced going forward, once the event is reinstated with the new proposed dates.
Action required in CVENT
- If registrations have not already closed for the event, click ‘Close Registrations’ so no one else can register and pay:
- You should now follow the steps outlined below (as if the event has already started):
IF THE EVENT HAS ALREADY STARTED
Actions required in CVENT
- Ensure ‘Planner Alert’ is set up on your programme, so that if a participant chooses to cancel their registration, you are alerted of the cancellation as soon as it happens:
> Bring up your event on CVENT
> go to the ‘Promotion & Communication’ tab
> go to 'Cancellation Confirmation'
> click on ‘Advanced Settings’
> click ‘Edit’
> under ‘Additional Recipients’ keep the ‘Type’ as ‘Account User’ and select your email address under ‘Recipient’
> click ‘Save’ to action
- Do not change the start date (as this will cause complications with audit trails)
- Change the ‘End Date’ of the event (via the ‘Event Details’ tab) to at least 12 months from the ‘Start Date’ of the event (this will be module 5 of ECB Foundation I Coach programme). Please remember to also amend the ‘Archive date’ to 1 month after your new ‘End Date’:
e.g. If ‘Start Date’ is 14th March 2020, then amend the ‘End Date’ to 14th March 2021 and the ‘Archive Date’ to 14th April 2021:
Actions required in CRM:
- Check the new end date has transferred to the CRM record:
- For the event audit trail, please add a note to the CRM record (https://ecbcs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006811597-CRM-How-to-add-a-note-against-a-course) and ensure you include the following:
> Participants informed of postponement of programme on [insert date]
> 1st4sport Qualifications informed of the postponement of the programme on [insert date].
> Event end date extended from [dd/mm/yyyy] to [dd/mm/yyyy] as per ECB systems process notes
> Archive date amended from [dd/mm/yyyy] to [dd/mm/yyyy]:
- Please ensure you set yourself a personal reminder; to reset the end date and archive date on CVENT, once new dates are confirmed. Once this is updated on CVENT, you should then also ensure this has fed back through to CRM.