Whether it be for certification on a coaching course, or feeding a qualification over to the Safe Hands system, you'll need to mark a participant as 'Competent' on CRM once they pass the requirements of the course.
N.B. - Marking as 'attended' & 'competent' should only be done when the face-to-face element of the course has been completed to the standard defined by the course. There are separate pre-requisites for most courses that may need to be checked first such as e-learning completion, valid DBS fed through to CRM, First Aid certificate or an SYC for example.
To mark someone 'Competent':
- Log in to CRM
- The following link will take you to the 'active contacts' screen & is generally a good place to start when using CRM - https://ecb.crm4.dynamics.com/main.aspx?app=d365default&forceUCI=1&pagetype=entitylist&etn=contact&viewid=00000000-0000-0000-00aa-000010001004&viewType=1039
- Find the relevant participant record for the event they need to be marked 'competent' against by searching for the event, via the 'Events' tab on the left hand side of the screen:
- You can find the event by searching any of the following:
- CRM event code (i.e. ECBF1C/000123)
- CVENT event code (ABC12DE345F)
- EAN number if applicable (for coaching courses regulated by 1st4sport)
- Event name
- Event start date
The best options are using the CRM event code or CVENT event code.
Once you click on the event, you will see the screen below:
Marking off one or two participants as competent:
- If you are looking to mark one or two off as competent, select the name from the 'participants' list by scrolling down the screen (there may be more than one page, however there are navigational arrows at the bottom of the list).
- By selecting a participant, you will be taken to their participant profile - from here, you can select 'attended' & 'competent' as 'yes' on the right hand side of the screen, as pictured below (clicking in the field with hyphens/'No' will change the field to 'Yes'.
Marking off larger numbers of participants as competent:
If you are looking to mark most/all attendees on a course as competent, then there is an easier way to do so.
- Find the event & scroll down to the 'participants' list (as detailed above)
- Select the three dots immediately below 'Participants' & select 'see associated records':
- You can then select the names from the list by ticking the boxes next to their names (if selecting all, click the very top box) & then click the buttons highlighted below (where applicable):
Both of these methods will change the 'certification status' section (found below the 'course outcomes' section pictured above) to reflect the attendance & competence.
The candidate will however need to fulfil the other pre-requisites of the course for the qualification to appear on their contact profile:
Once all pre-requisites for the course have been met, the qualification will show on the registrant's contact profile:
If this is a course relevant to Safe Hands, it should feed through automatically.
Should you have any issues completing this process, please contact us via the 'submit a query' option at the top of the page.