Whether it be for certification on a coaching course, or feeding a qualification over to the Safe Hands system, you'll need to mark a participant as 'Competent' on CRM once they pass the requirements of the course.
N.B. - Marking as attended & competent should only be done when the face to face element of the course has been completed to the standard defined by the course. There are separate pre-requisites for most courses, such as elearning completion, Valid DBS fed through to CRM, First Aid certificate or an SYC for example.
Here's how to do so:
- Launch CRM (this link will take you to the 'active contacts' screen & is generally a god place to start when using CRM) - https://ecb.crm4.dynamics.com/main.aspx?app=d365default&forceUCI=1&pagetype=entitylist&etn=contact&viewid=00000000-0000-0000-00aa-000010001004&viewType=1039
- You will need to find the relevant participant record for the event in question, it's best to search for the event first & find the participant there.
Search for the event:
- You can find the event via the 'Global Search' function (magnifying glass along the top right of the screen), OR by searching the 'Events' tab on the left hand side of the screen:
- You will need to search either the event code (i.e. ECBF1C/000123), EAN number (if applicable, only for regulated coaching courses), event name, start date or Cvent event reference (best options are event code or Cvent reference). Once you click on the event, you will see the screen below:
Marking off one or two participants as competent:
- If you are looking to mark one or two off as competent, select a name from the 'participants' list by scrolling down the screen (there may be more than one page, however there are navigational arrows at the bottom of the list).
- By selecting a participant, you will be taken to their participant profile - from here, you can select 'attended' & 'competent' as 'yes' on the right hand side of the screen, as pictured below (clicking in the field with hyphens/'No' will change the field to 'Yes'.
Marking off larger numbers of participants as competent:
If you are looking to mark most/all attendees on a course as competent, then there is an easier way to do so.
- Find the event & scroll down to the 'participants' list (as detailed above)
- Select the three dots immediately below 'Participants' & select 'see associated records:
- You can then select the names from the list by ticking the boxes next to their names (if selecting all, click the very top box) & then click the buttons highlighted below (where applicable):
Both of these methods will change the 'certification status' section (found below the 'course outcomes' section pictured above) to reflect the attendance & competence The candidate will however need to fulfil the other pre-requisites of the course for the qualification to appear on their contact profile:
Once all pre-requisites for the course have been met, the qualification will show on the registrant's contact profile:
If this is a course relevant to Safe Hands, it should feed through automatically.
Should you have any issues completing this process, please contact us via the 'submit a query' option at the top of the page.