If you need to allow a partial/full discount on a course signup, this can be done through Cvent as below:
Step 1: Find the event in Cvent
Here's an example, you'll want to search the event name/code, or selecting this option
This will take you to the below screen:
Step 2: Click the 'Advanced' tab:
Click 'advanced' to be presented with the following screen (the part you'll need is 'discounts' highlighted below)
- Click 'edit' in the top-right:
- 'Discounts' will now become editable
Step 3: Creating a discount
Click 'Create a discount' as so:
Setup the following fields:
- Discount Code: Whatever you'd like to call it - could be Bursary40 for example
- Capacity: Set this to how many uses of the discount code you will allow (can set to 1 usage & create multiple discount codes if you'd rather)
- Calculate by: Set this to 'amount' & set to the desired discount. Can also be set to percentage if offering a % discount.
- Amount: Set this to the sum or percentage of the discount
- Active: Green
- Effective from/to: Set a date window for this discount to be active
- Stackable: always set to no. This means it cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts.
- Apply discount to: Final total
When done; click 'Create discount' & save in the top right corner.
Step 4: Enabling discount codes on the booking page
You'll now need to leave the advanced tab & head to 'Website & Registration next.
Select 'Registration' to continue like so:
You'll then need to follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the 'Payment options' section of the page
- Hover over 'settings' to the right of the section (appears when hovering over the payment options box)
- Set 'Allow discount codes' to YES
It should appear like so:
Your customer should then be able to apply the discount code you give them at on the booking page for your event, which will reduce the final total (or skip payment if the discount is the whole cost of the course).